Zebrawood bowl - terrible pic

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from toolcrazy

Status
Not open for further replies.

toolcrazy

This is my second bowl, actually I call it a dish, but whatever. About 5" dia and 2.5" tall.

20071234189_zebra_wood_bowl.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Steve,
Really nice dish.. I like the looks of Zebrawood... nice colors.
My first zebrawood bowl is the one I wound up breaking my tool rest on.. one quick catch and the bowl flew off the lathe in one direction, the tool rest snapped and flew in another... definitely a duck and cover event.

Really a nice piece of work you have here.

BigRob777

I have no idea how you could get that more in focus, but the dish looks great. I love the look of zebrawood and it's one of my biggest sellers, but it can be tough to turn, especially cross-cut. Nice work. I have yet to finish my first "bowl". It's a goblet of walnut, with sap, from a 3" thick branch. I hope it doesn't crack. I preturned it in March.

Keep up the good work. As you get better, your turnings will get thinner, or so I've heard. My first one will probably be way too thick.
Rob

LEAP

nice job! I have not made a bowl or dish so far. I just got my chuck a week or so ago and am still playing with it on small boxes. The zebra wood must have been a challenge, I have a hard enough time using it on pens and spindles. Thanks for sharing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom