Zebra Bowl

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob

One of my first bowls. I saw another zebra wood bowl that Steve (Toolcrazy) posted and really liked how it looked. My attempt is below. Comments, suggestions, shots across the bow...Rob

200713122835_ZebraBowl.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rob

Thanks all...Billy, I'm sorry, I've done some antler pens. I like the way the come out, but the antler seems to be the only thing I've turned that bothers my breathing, even with a respirator. Zebra smells funny, but doesn't bother me. On the other hand, if you can find a big enough piece of moose antler, I'll try it...I'll try just about anything once!!!

Rob

Hey Rob,
Very nice bowl... I like the looks of Zebra... my first bowl was a Zebra.. I don't remember any smell off the bowl, but I had a little catch doing the inside and broke my tool rest.. this is picture of my bowl... not quite as nice as your, but I'm learning.

20072115143_Zebra04.jpg
<br />

Rob

Chuck, you're way too modest. That bowl is stunning. I really like the base. I have one more zebra bowl blank. I really like how they look. Might try to turn it this weekend. It's gonna be cold here on the East Coast anyway, might as well hide in the shop.

BigRob777

Rob,
Very nice work. It looks like you've picked up some nice chattoyance on theinside bottom of the bowl. I love the look of zebrawood in anything. I wish I could find a good source for bowl blanks (wholesale, of course).
Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom