Yuletide Hijinx

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from D.Oliver

D.Oliver

My neighbor has two adult children that I've known for the better part of their lives. The daughter went to and graduated from my alma mater, South Dakota State University. The son, on the other hand, went to and is soon to graduate from the University of South Dakota. USD would very much like to be considered arival to SDSU, but I'm not sure I would put them in that category. Considering them a rival is akin to considering the Washington Generals a rival to the Harlem Globetrotters. This year for Christmas I decided to make each an ornament from their respective schools, however being an SDSU grad I wasn't going to pass up the opportunity to have a little fun at the expense of USD. I made the ornaments, wrapped them in tissue paper and placed them in gift bags. Then I waited for both kids to show up at the same time and I headed over to give them their gifts. I gave the daughter hers first. She opened it,showed off her SDSU ornament (the first two pictures), and thanked me. I then looked at the son and said something to the effect of "Against every moral fiber in my body, I made you one too" and handed him his gift bag. He opened his bag, unwrapped the ornament and revealed another SDSU ornament. Now his parents raised him right, so he feigned graciousness and thanked me halfheartedly. His sister and I were both laughing as I told him I was just kidding and handed him another gift bag telling him "Here's your USD ornament. I've got to be honest with you though. It's not perfect. I started cutting it out and my hand figured out what was going on and kept trying to throw itself into the saw blade. So then I had to start drinking so my hand didn'tknow what was going on. Unfortunately,I must have drank a little too much and the lines got a little crooked. Even though it's not perfect I think I nailed the essence of the USD logo." He opened it, unwrapped the ornament and revealed the ornament in the third picture. He just shook his head as his sister and I laughed. I finally handed him a final gift bag and said "Here, maybe try this one". He hesitantly opened the last bag to reveal the ornament shown in the final three pictures.
IMG_0313 - Copy.jpgIMG_0314 - Copy.jpgIMG_0331.jpgIMG_0310 - Copy.jpgIMG_0311 - Copy.jpgIMG_0312 - Copy.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

I like them and the story. Maybe what you should have done is reverse the gifts and told them they had to hang the others replica ornament up every year on their tree. :):)

Top Bottom