YOUR opinion is important

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Terredax

Terredax

Banned
I'm not an artist or designer, but I'm working on these, and trying to decide how it looks.
Feel free to add your input.

cVDZZpf.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

WIDirt

Terradax,

I really like the way you have the little flip at the top of the left page. I think that the book could be used in many ways!

I only wish I had that kind of talent. Keep up the good works...

WIDirt

leehljp

Member Liaison
Looks great. I surmise that you are like many of us, our own worst critic. That looks VERY professional, in my unprofessional opinion! Good choice of fonts!

The word "Congratulations" might need to move slightly to the left - to give a slight more space on the right edge of the page.

Last edited:

SteveG

It looks great, but there is one issue keeping it short of perfect: the 'open book' page surfaces curve, just as a real open book. The imagery and lettering seem to go straight, as if on a flat page. It is no doubt a software challenge to have the lettering shift to follow the curve of the page, but that would be my goal if I were doing it. (That is also why I am NOT doing it!) :eek: :rolleyes:

jttheclockman

May I ask how are these being made?? Laser, CNC or something else. How thick is the material and what is the wood??

Terredax

Banned
May I ask how are these being made?? Laser, CNC or something else. How thick is the material and what is the wood??

These are only renderings at this point. They will be machined on a mill that has been fitted with cnc control.

These are approx. 3"x5"x 1/2", but they can be scaled to any size.
The wood is just a simulation, and I believe it's supposed to be Maple.
However, I can use most any material, i.e. any wood (hardwoods work best), non-ferrous metals, plastics, and even solid surface, which machines the best.
Ferrous metals could be used, but there isn't a real need.

SteveG

Nice work on following the profile of the curved pages with the lettering and images! When I posted, I did not know if that were something that you were capable of, not knowing how you are producing the project. Looks great :good: :good:

Top Bottom