Worked with the laser today.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from hanau

hanau

Messing out in the shop this weekend played with the laser a little bit.
Made these.
First one is a 1911
original drawing

S2OuEdv.jpg

on Baltic birch plywood.

DShwD4H.jpg

Next one

original drawing

jyk0fMj.png

Black acrylic with white paint

XOdmSkr.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Bikerdad

Cool, the things one can do with lasers these days, and one doesn't even need to mount them on sharks! I challenge you to do the second one on a blank. Then build a ballpoint pen with it. :biggrin:

I would really to obtain a GlowForge Laser. It's not that I can't afford one, but not sure I want to tie up $5,000 and have to wait over 6 months to receive it. I need to research some alternatives.

hanau

I would really to obtain a GlowForge Laser. It's not that I can't afford one, but not sure I want to tie up $5,000 and have to wait over 6 months to receive it. I need to research some alternatives.

Depends on what you want to do with one. I did this on the k40- 40 watt laser of ebay.
I have about a 12 x 8 area that I can lase.

Its a entry level that you will have to modify but I paid around $300 for it and spent another couple hundred on upgrades.

larryc

I have the Pro model and it was well worth the wait. I will post some of the things I have done with it later. Nothing like what you have done. If you decide to buy one, I'll give you a code that will save you $100.

TonyL

I have the Pro model and it was well worth the wait. I will post some of the things I have done with it later. Nothing like what you have done. If you decide to buy one, I'll give you a code that will save you $100.

Hi Larry...was it hard to set up and tune?

thank you.

siric

You can also check out the Emblaser 2 from Darkly Labs in Australia and in the US from their distributor Emblaser 2 Laser Cutter & Engraver - Afinia 3D Printer. Got mine in October and so far so good.

Use it to engrave my logo on the back of pen barrels, pen boxes, etc.

I was contemplating a GlowForge as well but don't like that it requires an internet connection.

Steve

Top Bottom