Wood Lures

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from spinnerbayt

spinnerbayt

I've seen some fishing related items here so I thought I'd add mine. Fishing is my greatest passion and muskie fishing is at the top of that list. I got into pen turning as a spell over from making muskie lures. I've made a few on the lathe and will post them later after I take some photos. These are all cut out, weighted, painted and clear coated by myself.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

thewishman

My grandfather traveled to Wisconsin for vacation for many years, trying to catch a keeper (at least 30" long.) It took him almost 15 years to land one. I was in the boat with him when he reeled it in. He was so happy! (It was 30.5".)

Love the lures.:)

lhowell

These are fantastic!!! I've watched a few tutorials on how to make these and being an avid fisherman myself I have wanted to try my hand at making some! Just need to find the time! Now that I have my own casting supplies I thought about making my own fishing lure skirts for saltwater fishing instead of paying $25+ per skirt!

JohnU

Very nice craftsmanship! I've seen a few links online with guys making them from alumilite and thought... maybe... Then reality sets in so I think... maybe when I retire. After seeing yours, it rekindled that spark. I love the paint job!
Thanks for sharing!

spinnerbayt

Thanks for the kind words. I'll try and post up some lathe turned lures as soon as I can. I'm in the middle of a bathroom remodel so I just slip in here a few minutes each day while I'm at work. Maybe this fall or winter I can do a little write up on the process.

Here is a couple pics of the fish I've caught from my lures.

Top Bottom