Wine Tasters Kit

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from fiferb

Status
Not open for further replies.

fiferb

My sister in-law ordered these. She is going to put these with a journal and give it as a set. Alabaster Dymondwood. Comments appreciated.

200611280239_AlabasterDymondwoodSmall.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

angboy

Well I want to know what JimGo and penmonkey were seeing if the picture wasn't there til after rifleman? Does this happen often guys? Do you hear things too? (Oops, slipped into eval mode!)

I do love this set. Some of my favorite colors and I love dymondwood. And this is really a great idea. I just need to learn how to turn a bottle stopper and I could have great gifts for quite a few people I know. The shape of the bottle stopper is gerat b/c it really shows off the layering of the colors on the dymondwood!

Skye

I'd like to know how you finished the stopper. When I CA'd mine it filled the grooves, looked terrible.

fiferb

Thanks for the comments. I'm also doing a set in Afzelia Burl and another in Maple being painted with grapes by my mother. I'll post pictures when I get them done.

Skye, the finish on the bottle stop is Deft spray laquer. The pen is straight CA.

fiferb

Skye, very little sanding required if at all. If it feels rough to the touch between coats, I'll lightly hand sand with MM starting at 3600 or 4000. No polishing. I spray 4-8 coats of deft and when it is dry it is done.

alparent

Originally posted by fiferb
the finish on the bottle stop is Deft spray laquer. The pen is straight CA.

I knew it! Look at how deeper, richer and more alive the bottle stop looks compared to the pen.......laquer rules!

I love the shape of the stopper.
A wine taster set is a great idea!

broitblat

Nice set, nicely done.

I've been thinking of doing something similar but also adding a bottle coaster and maybe a drip ring. I don't know that it would ever be worthwhile to try and sell such a set, but it would make a nice gift for one of my wino friends [:0]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom