What's a man to do...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Cwalker935

Cwalker935

when his football team (Hokies) gets upset at home, spends the day in the shop. Made 6 pens, finished one bowl started earlier in the week and made a sycamore bowl. Here is the sycamore. Its 9 3/4" in diameter and 3 1/2" high. Unfortunately, the blank had a hidden crack that ran thru out the bowl (nasty little surprise). I managed to turn most of the crack out but had to fill the crack with orange dyed epoxy on one side. The wife has claimed it as a centerpiece.

image.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

thewishman

There were a LOT of Buckeyes that were wishing your team an undefeated season this year (at least they were after the second game, anyway.):redface:

Beautiful bowl!

Cwalker935

I was once turning a bowl from a burly looking section with some holes thinking that I would end up with a really cool looking piece. Turns out it had a hidden seam and it exploded. I had 2 large chunks that when pieced together formed 2/3 of a bowl. I could not figure out where the other 1/3 had gone. Months later, I found the remaining piece on top of a high shelf on the opposite side of the garage. Can be scary sometimes.

Top Bottom