Walnut Bowl

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Rick_G

Rick_G

A neighbour took down a walnut tree about a year ago and I managed to get enough for a few bowls. Rough turned to about an inch thick a year ago coated with wood glue and let it dry until it stopped losing weight. Bowl is about 255mm wide x 85 mm high. Thats 10 x 3.3 inches. Finished with Capt'n Eddies shine juice and WOP.

1_Walnut_bowl_1.png

1_walnut_bowl_2.png

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

That bowl is REALLY NICE, Rick !!!! Very well done, indeed !!!! I like the way you've featured that knot in the bottom, and those two "circular" grain patterns opposite, as well as the other knot on the right-hand side of the bowl.

Rick_G

That bowl is REALLY NICE, Rick !!!! Very well done, indeed !!!! I like the way you've featured that knot in the bottom, and those two "circular" grain patterns opposite, as well as the other knot on the right-hand side of the bowl.

It was a piece of crotchwood and I got lucky it didn't crack on me at the knots. Saw a utube video by Allen Tyler and he mentioned coating them with wood glue after rough turning. Seems to work well but that first little bit when you start to turn it again is like turning stone.

Top Bottom