Valentine's Day Flowers

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from MrPukaShell

MrPukaShell

My wife likes flowers on Valentine's Day but I hate spending the money on something that last 5-7 days. So this year I made up an Ash hollow form and turned some wooden flowers for it. I will tell her that she can keep them for as long as she likes and they never have to be watered. Hope this works it saved me a bundle. What do you all think?

Have a great day,

Attachments

• DSC_0164.jpg
    DSC_0164.jpg
    157.9 KB · Views: 300
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
That might work for me for one time :)

The vase is gorgeous and the flowers are really neat. Any chance you'd share your secret for making them?

bobleibo

Great looking vase. Bet it would look even better with a dozen nice roses in it...just sayin'

Attachments

• florist sign.jpg
    florist sign.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 163
Very nice vase, and flowers!! She will be thrilled. And, what you can do for the next few years, sneak the flowers out of the vase, and spray paint em, and itll be like you gave her a new batch every year Just simply repaint em a different color each year!!!!
Seriously though, that is very nice work!

MTViper

Love the look of the vase. Great job on it. How did you make the flowers? I've got 2 bud vases I turned for my wife 4-5 years ago with a single silk rose in each. Been in the same place since I brought them into the house. My wife hates cut flower so I'm good.

MrPukaShell

Look at the youtube link on the post above. They are easy to do if you can use a skew. He says you can use other tools but I use a skew. Mine has a regular grind not a thinned out one

Love the look of the vase. Great job on it. How did you make the flowers? I've got 2 bud vases I turned for my wife 4-5 years ago with a single silk rose in each. Been in the same place since I brought them into the house. My wife hates cut flower so I'm good.

Katya

It's certainly lovely! But giving a loved one a gift is about what that person likes best.. I think if fresh flowers are what she loves, then you're smart to give them to her sometimes!

W.Y.

Great work on both the vase and the flowers.
I am sure she will appreciated that they were hand made by you .

Top Bottom