Urn for a pet

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ren-lathe

ren-lathe

A friend asked me to turn an urn for her dog. He was losing his health and she wanted to be ready. Spalted Maple with a walnut lid and milo knob. Finished in oil.

Attachments

• ~1.jpg
    ~1.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 228
  • ~3.jpg
    ~3.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 211
  • ~5.jpg
    ~5.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 224
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PaulDoug

Nice looking. My wife had the first dog we had when we got married cremated. His remains are still with us, they sit in a coffee can with colored paper wrapped around it. Poor guy, he certainly desires better. Maybe I will turn him one. He was a great dog, cost me a buck at the local pound, and they gave me two cans of dog food to go with it.

BlackPearl

When my dog had reached the point where we knew that we were going to put her down the next day, I turned an urn for her. I took it off the lathe and she came over and smelled of it all over, and then looked at me like what is going to go in there?

I did not turn for about 6 weeks after that!

We have since lost my wife's dog and I waited for about a month after the fact to turn her an urn. That will be my procedure from now on.

We now have a collection of four urns and both my wife and I have decided that when we go the ashes of our dogs will be mixed with ours and we will all spend eternity together.

Yours is very nice I am sure your friend will like it very much.

walshjp17

Really nice turning, Dale.

Is the top friction fit or threaded? I saw a video by Carl Jacobsen a while ago and he threaded the top to make sure the resident would not be able to "sneak out" if the urn was tipped over.:wink:

airborne_r6

That looks great. I have seen some urns where the turner incorporated pvc threads from pipe fittings into the lid and collar so it could be closed securely.

Top Bottom