Unknown Species Root Bowl.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Bob Wemm

Bob Wemm

I found this piece of wood on a Farmers root dump, and thinking it was a Mallee Root carted it home with me.

Not long after starting the turning process I realised that it is not a Mallee, so could be anything. The other piece I liberated from the same heap gave me lots of grief with itches and rash all over my arms, face and neck. That one remains unfinished but has a very similar patterned grain as this one.

There are lots and lots of voids in the piece so it got quite exciting on occasions. It is sanded to 400 and sealed, then sprayed with Krylon Clear Varnish.

It measures approx. 9inches X 2inches.
Hope you like it and thanks for looking.

C & C Welcome.

Bob:)

Attachments

• 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    162.9 KB · Views: 196
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    90.9 KB · Views: 171
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Bob Wemm

Here are a couple of highly manipulated photos of the underside.

Sorry, just learned how to do this.:redface:

Bob:)

Attachments

• 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    136.6 KB · Views: 121
  • 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    136.3 KB · Views: 122

Krash

Isn't it amazing that you can take a crappy old chunk of throw-away wood and turn it into something beautiful?

Great job Bob!

MikeL

I'm just starting in the bowl/vessel turning and your creation is , as already said, inspiring. Thanks for posting.

Bob Wemm

That is a fine piece of work there Bob.

Got to ask, how you got the pictures to turn over? I still haven't figured that one out.

Keep smiling

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: The bottom photos were so very dark I decided not to use them at the beginning, then I thought about photoshop and was able to lighten them quite a bit, but the trick for me was discovering how to add them in a later post.

I was going to say I was standing on my head when I took them, but that was being a "Smart Arse".:)

Cheers,
Bob

Top Bottom