The ugliest thing I've ever made.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Bobostro61

Bobostro61

As the title says.... Wasn't sure if I was going to post this or not. I watched a Stephen Ogle video of a lidded box with a finial he made out of Brazilian Cherry with a finial. Figured I'd give it a try. I don't have any Brazilian Cherry so I resorted to some Poplar and a Bubinga finial. Not happy with the outcome at all. So what the heck, everything we make can't come out perfect all the time, so here it its...

Attachments

• IMG_2574.jpg
    IMG_2574.jpg
    188 KB · Views: 335
  • IMG_2575.jpg
    IMG_2575.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 320
  • IMG_2576.jpg
    IMG_2576.jpg
    153.1 KB · Views: 250
  • IMG_2577.jpg
    IMG_2577.jpg
    290.1 KB · Views: 279
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

notaryjon

Just so you don't have to suffer any longer, please send it up here to Wisconsin. We are used to looking at ugly Illinois stuff up here. PM for address.:biggrin:

Dale Lynch

When combining two pieces like that it helps to make the final cuts with the lid put together.Good effort though, beautifull finish.

jsolie

Wow, when I saw this I had to go see if the ugly box I turned was still in it's hiding place. Yup. At least yours doesn't have huge gaping holes from borers in it... Maybe you can use it to hold a roll of stamps!

Even though our pieces don't always come out as expected, at least we get some practice with lidded boxes and finials.

Last edited:

jyreene

Idea!!!! Now you have a place I won't automatically look in. Perfect for hiding those pens you really don't want me to borrow for a really long time on a mostly permanent basis. Except for repairs.

Top Bottom