Two of my favorite things

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Terredax

Terredax

Banned
We are going to a BBQ tomorrow and we are taking a dish to share.

We are taking one of my favorite things, kidney bean salad.
Of course, I had to have a spoonful for quality assurance. As with most food items, it's always better the next day after resting in the cold box over night.
But, it's still delicious, fresh from the kitchen.

The second of one of my favorites, is an homemade apple cake with homemade cream cheese frosting, utilizing Madagascar vanilla extract. It just came out of the oven and is cooling, so the frosting can be applied before heading to it's resting place... in my belly.

I don't get to partake in these indulgences often, so I'm going to take advantage of this occurrence.:wink:

Terredax

Banned
If anyone is serious about wanting the recipe(s), I would be happy to post them after we get back this afternoon.

The recipes are from my grandmother. She made both dishes when I was a kid, and they have been some of my favorites for a long time.

My grandmother made everything from scratch. I even have her noodle and pie crust recipes, of which we will be using the pie crust recipe for some apple dumplings this week.

Her vegetable soup with beef, was and still is unmatched. After many, many attempts, I still can't get it the same. She knew how much I liked it, so whenever she would make it, she would fill a container and call me to let me know she had something for me.

Top Bottom