Turned This One Yesterday

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from liljohn1368

liljohn1368

I'm trying to get as close to camo as I can. With the colors that I have I think this is it.

C&C welcome....

Attachments

• IMG_1814.JPG
    IMG_1814.JPG
    165.6 KB · Views: 271
  • IMG_1815.JPG
    IMG_1815.JPG
    149.5 KB · Views: 264
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

liljohn1368

Lol...It's a pot for a turkey call.. I have made them out of wood for several years. So I decided this year to make some out of acrylic. I normally put 8 holes in a circle on the bottom. But these things are really loud. So I dropped it back to 6 to see if that would tone it down a little....

Last edited:

mecompco

Lol...It's a pot for a turkey call.. I have made them out of wood for several years. So I decided this year to make some out of acrylic. I normally put 8 holes in a circle on the bottom. But these things are really loud. So I dropped it back to 6 to see if that would tone it down a little....

Ah, I see. The camo pattern looks nice. How does one make noise with it? We see turkeys out in the driveway upon occasion. Never really though about harvesting one. Do they taste like domestic ones? Thanksgiving is coming up quick!

Herb G

Wild turkeys are a bit stronger than domestic birds. They are very tasty though.
When basted with butter & chicken stock and roasted until a golden brown, they are really tasty. :)

liljohn1368

Ah, I see. The camo pattern looks nice. How does one make noise with it? We see turkeys out in the driveway upon occasion. Never really though about harvesting one. Do they taste like domestic ones? Thanksgiving is coming up quick!

I will glue a slate in the top of the pot. It comes with what is called a striker. By rubbing the striker on the slate it makes a turkey sound. You can do clucks, yelps, a lot of different sounds that a turkey makes. I'll post a pic when I finish it.

Last edited:

liljohn1368

Michael this is what it looks like finished. Just got the clamp off. All glued up and Monday it will head toward its new home..:biggrin:

Attachments

• downloadfile-2(14).jpeg
    downloadfile-2(14).jpeg
    21.8 KB · Views: 124
  • downloadfile(31).jpeg
    downloadfile(31).jpeg
    25.1 KB · Views: 136
  • downloadfile-1(15).jpeg
    downloadfile-1(15).jpeg
    29.6 KB · Views: 130
Last edited:
Top Bottom