Turkey Call

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from liljohn1368

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

adirondak5

John , beautiful call . Do you make the strikers also ? I am looking for a screamer (loud) for use as a locator call and have had very good luck with slate or slate over glass in the past .

liljohn1368

John , beautiful call . Do you make the strikers also ? I am looking for a screamer (loud) for use as a locator call and have had very good luck with slate or slate over glass in the past .

Yes I make strikers. These acrylic pot are really loud. I normally put 8 sound holes in the bottom. But these things are so loud i dropped to 6 just to muffle it a little. These I normally do with slate over glass. If you want to try one of them PM me...

Last edited:

liljohn1368

Nice looking call... I have supplies to make a few and need to make some again.... I did use two pieces of my glass sound boards in a kaleidoscope earlier, but think I still have more glass.

What do you use for your strikers??

Thanks...

I use the same acrylic for the handle and the wood I use hickory, osage, purple heart, ect. Different colors of diamond wood ( until it runs out ). Unless the customer wants a solid striker then I use solid wood.

liljohn1368

Nice, have you had any luck in getting a bird with one of your calls

Thanks gimpy.

As much as I like making game calls. I'm almost embarrassed to say. But I don't hunt. There has been some big birds called up with my calls but not by me. I know how to call with them i just never got interested in hunting. Now I can set and drown worms all day long. :biggrin::biggrin:

adirondak5

Slates and slate over glass are my favorite type of calls , you can make so many different turkey sounds with em , and they usually ring out nice and loud if need be . I've never tried an acrylic pot but will soon . Here's a 20lbs 8oz long beard I got a while back using a slate pot .

cKyxRp8.jpg

liljohn1368

Very nice work!!!!!! I've never made one of those. Some duck, goose, and elk calls but never a turkey call. Strong work!!!!!

If you are interested ToddS. I sell the pot blank 4" X 4" X 1" and a matching striker handle as a set for 15$. I can do just about any color that you would want. Just remember turkey's can see color....

Thanks,

liljohn1368

Slates and slate over glass are my favorite type of calls , you can make so many different turkey sounds with em , and they usually ring out nice and loud if need be . I've never tried an acrylic pot but will soon . Here's a 20lbs 8oz long beard I got a while back using a slate pot .

cKyxRp8.jpg

Nice bird, Herb. I'm going to try and get this call in the mail by Tuesday.

Top Bottom