TREEN

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Drcal

Drcal

I have rarely posted my work because I am not a very good turner...honestly. But I have been looking forward to this weekend because I just bought the Beall Treen Mandrel and wanted to try it out.

I have always wanted to turn boxes but I have had little succcess, especially with fit and hallowing. This mandrel makes it easy. This is the box I turned today....not perfect but better than before.

Carmen

Attachments

• DSCN2950a.jpg
    DSCN2950a.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 304
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Andrew Arndts

Very nice.
What is your overall feeling of the Treen Mandrel. I to want to get one myself but there isn't much in ways of feedback.

ctubbs

Carmen, unless the back of your box is missing, I see nothing wrong with it. A quality piece of work. Keep up the good work.
Charles

fernhills

I have the Treen mandrel, i did not get to use it much, but i will. They make nice salt and pepper shakers, with out having to buy kits, like photo below.

Attachments

• 20100815_1.jpg
    20100815_1.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 194
  • 20100815_2.jpg
    20100815_2.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 202

KenV

Good start Carmen -- practice helps a lot and you have to start to become more confident.

For some reason, I find most of these look different standing on the table than they do on the lathe, and I make notes for what I want to do differently next time.

Wood has wonderful grain which you have showcased well!!!!

alphageek

Former Moderator
Thats pretty cool...

And another tool that I didn't see before that now I want!

Alpha,
if you go to youtube and search for the Beall treen mandrel there should be 3 vids about it, informative info.

I did that! That didn't help.. One little bit of me says I could make a jam chuck to do that, but the rest of me says I need this :)...

This ones now on my "shopping list".

Top Bottom