Is it too late to get in the Pen Stand Contest?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from D.Oliver

D.Oliver

Here's a workstation that I came across in Shopnotes magazine a while ago. It's been on my to do list for some time and I had wanted to get it done this Spring. I guess I'm a couple seasons behind.:redface: Anyways, if you interested I even made a youtube video (I didn't say a good video) of the build.

IMG_0094 (1280x960).jpgIMG_0100 (1090x971).jpgIMG_0104 (1280x867).jpgIMG_0109 (1280x960).jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

lyonsacc

The video is not bad at all, except the garage is way to clean, and I didn't see a lathe, or a pen. That's a nice mitre saw. The workstation would be a handy thing to have around.

Now you need to make a pen big enough for the stand!

stonepecker

Very nice video.
Can you post the plans in the Library for the future?

I really like the yellow paint. Makes it easy to keep the pieces sorted when in storage.

D.Oliver

The video is not bad at all, except the garage is way to clean, and I didn't see a lathe, or a pen. That's a nice mitre saw. The workstation would be a handy thing to have around.

Now you need to make a pen big enough for the stand!

Had to watch your video while the 'one-that-must-be-obeyed' was out of the room.....she'd expect to see the garage floor too!

Scott (nice workflow-A+) B

I'm not going to lie. I did a little cleaning and sweeping before I turned the camera on. And there's the shot behind the camera that you don't see.....:biggrin:

D.Oliver

Ah yes....the cookies. I built a little catapult that I triggered via a string that was tied to my boot. It threw cookies great, but you never knew which direction the cookie was going. I think I had to throw like 10 of them before I got a shot that worked.

TurtleTom

I've used this design before, it's almost as popular as the paper clip. I believe it was invented by some genius working in a state sign shop. There were thousands made as barriers, mostly temporary. I sure would like to meet the man that invented it, but I'm sure he's no longer with us. I've seen the design for 60 years on roadways around the country.

bobleibo

Wow Derek, you have a lot of energy and move very fast. I'm tapping out, no way I could keep up but it sure was entertaining to watch.

southernclay

Ah yes....the cookies. I built a little catapult that I triggered via a string that was tied to my boot. It threw cookies great, but you never knew which direction the cookie was going. I think I had to throw like 10 of them before I got a shot that worked.

That's awesome! I thought you had gone over to Montana or Wyoming to find the nearest neighbor to help out :biggrin: One day I will build a catapult, never thought about a cookie catapult but not a bad place to start.

In all seriousness keep up the videos, I'm sure it takes a while but you never know who gets something out of your videos, I've learned so much on YouTube about so much random stuff.

Top Bottom