Too bad I don't eat ice cream

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from solobiker

solobiker

These were fun to make and give away as gifts.

Attachments

• DSCN7907.jpg
    DSCN7907.jpg
    418.7 KB · Views: 278
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

solobiker

I got them from PSI. I order some more after I made those and was disappointed because the scoop part was ( for lack of a better word) pitted a bit from the parts of the scoop were packaged inside of it during shipment. I have seen them at Woodcraft and Rockler as well.

turncrazy43

Susan, do call PSI and advise the problem with the piting. They have always made good on spoiled parts for me in the past.

robutacion

Hi Susan,

"Too bad I don't eat ice cream", is not in my vocabulary, don't worry, I eat it for both of us...!:wink::biggrin:

I too made one of those, some time ago, I was sick of trying to eat soup with badly bended spoons, my lovely "darling" kept mention about something that was a little more "stiff" :eek::biggrin: so, was not her fault but mine.

I reckon, with one of those (mine is slightly different shape), even the hardest ice cream get scooped out, like it or not, I never got any more bent spoons so, something should have worked, huh...???:)

Have a look here...!

Well done...!

Cheers
George

Hi Susan,

"Too bad I don't eat ice cream"
... you know that's an un-American statement?

If George needs help in taking up the slack for you, I'll be glad to give him an assist... 'course my ice cream of choice is Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla... too bad it's so expensive here in Tennessee... I guess it's considered "Imported" since it has to come up from Texas.... but at $7-$8 a carton, I have to wait for it to go on sale on my budget.

Great looking scoops --- yours too George.

Fay Prozora

Wow! Those are nice. I have no problem with eating ice cream. I could eat a half gallon of it at one time LOL! We love it around here. I'm going to have to give this a try also. I buy most of my stuff from Amazon and Rockler. Keep up the great things Fay

flyitfast

Hi Susan,

"Too bad I don't eat ice cream" ... you know that's an un-American statement?

If George needs help in taking up the slack for you, I'll be glad to give him an assist... 'course my ice cream of choice is Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla... too bad it's so expensive here in Tennessee... I guess it's considered "Imported" since it has to come up from Texas.... but at $7-$8 a carton, I have to wait for it to go on sale on my budget.

Great looking scoops --- yours too George.

Here in TX we go to Walgreens - for some reason they have it on sale almost all the time. The problem in TX is that the Blue Bell truck drivers eat most of their load before it gets to the store.:biggrin::biggrin:
By the way, Rockler has the best/strongest kitchen utensil kits I've seen.
gordon

phillywood

Hi Susan,

"Too bad I don't eat ice cream", is not in my vocabulary, don't worry, I eat it for both of us...!:wink::biggrin:

I too made one of those, some time ago, I was sick of trying to eat soup with badly bended spoons, my lovely "darling" kept mention about something that was a little more "stiff" :eek::biggrin: so, was not her fault but mine.

I reckon, with one of those (mine is slightly different shape), even the hardest ice cream get scooped out, like it or not, I never got any more bent spoons so, something should have worked, huh...???:)

Have a look here...!

Well done...!

Cheers
George
George if you cook your meat long and on the slow heat then you don't have to fight with it in the bowl to bend your spoon.:biggrin:
other than that she did very nice job I like them. Hope that the kit will hold up and won't tarnish and pit any more with use.

phillywood

Hi Susan,

Have a look here...!

Well done...!

Cheers
George

George I saw yours, it looks liek you needed to put metal bands where you put the decorative rings on the handles so you won't break them anymore.:tongue:

solobiker

Thanks for the comments. I did contact PSI and let them know of my issues and concerns. I have since moved on to pizza cutters. :)

flyitfast

Thanks for the comments. I did contact PSI and let them know of my issues and concerns. I have since moved on to pizza cutters. :)

Rockler does have the best pizza cutters. Sturdier and a little larger than the others. I have a friend that has sold over 50 of them.
The ones from Rockler cost a little more but definitely worth it.
gordon

Last edited:

Lee58

I also had an issue with PSI ice cream scoop I made one for my own use, used it one time hand washed it and towel dried the next time I went to use the scoop it was rusted. Later I was sent an email asking me to rate the scoop from PSI needless to say that wasn't a very positive rating. PSI did contact me at a later time to send back the scoop but when it rusted it was of no use to any one and was thrown in the trash where it belonged. I told PSI that and haven't heard any more from them.

designer

You don't eat ice cream? What are you a heretic or something? LOL Try Oberweiss. It might change your mind. Even better than Blue Bell.

Good job on the scoops though. Keep it up.

Top Bottom