Today’s accomplushnents

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from KenB259

KenB259

Finished an over the fence push block, works great by the way. 2nd project, Manhattan, holly and red heart with aluminum spacers turned out nicely also. As I'm just getting into segmenting, though it's a simple design, it didn't blow apart, that's a win in my book IMG_4204.jpgIMG_1015.jpgIMG_1016.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Ken, that is a wonderful pen. The combination of woods, the equal dimensions of the end caps, the fit to components are superb.

But, to have kept the redheart and aluminum out of the holly during sanding/finishing is a real treat to see. Not an easy task.

Be proud of this one.

leehljp

Member Liaison
Holly and Red Heart, and Holly and Bloodwood look GREAT together. And the Aluminum showcases it. GREAT!

I have a feeling that this is only the beginning of some great segments!

jttheclockman

I will echo the congrads for keeping the holly as clean as you did. Not an easy job for sure but you did it well. More segmenting is in your future.:)

KenB259

I will echo the congrads for keeping the holly as clean as you did. Not an easy job for sure but you did it well. More segmenting is in your future.:)

Thank you. Kept it clean by foregoing any sanding. Skew only after getting it round. I've seen videos where guys use a skew even for roughing from square. I don't see the point to that, so I use a gouge until it's round and closer to final size then switch to a skew.

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

Top Bottom