Titled "SUNSET"

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from 65GTMustang

65GTMustang

My latest styled turning
I am really happy with this piece – I would very much like your comments, questions and critiques.
A 14 month plus project!
Let me know what you think - Of course to see it in person gives you a completely different appreciation for the piece - The depth and demission of the Orange Agate figure / grain is Awesome! The wood looks to be as deep as the eye can see.
This piece offers a little of everything, Titled "Sunset" for the beauty of the golden amber orange colors from the Orange Agate wood. The high gloss finish from my "new secret" oil based finish on the vase and Amboyna Burl look gorgeous. The Black Ebony collar has a matte black textured finish to add a little contrast to help the beautiful sliced agate to sit up proud.

Wood;
Orange Agate
African Black Ebony
Amboyna Burl. with Sliced Polished Agate - This piece of polished sliced agate is a perfect match - It contains every shade of brown, amber, gold and black that the vase has.
Approximate dimension:
Vase Dia. at widest point = 6"
Vase Only Height = 6 ¾"
Inside Depth = 5 ½"
Vase with Finial Height = 10"
Collar Dia. = 2 ½"
Collar Opening = 1 ¼"

SUNSET 7.jpg

SUNSET 3.jpg

SUNSET 10.jpg

SUNSET 13.jpg

SUNSET 12.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

holmqer

Local Chapter Leader
Very nice design and blend of materials. The agate top works well with the vessel.

David Keller

Very cool design and execution! I've not seen stone used in exactly that way, and I think it's a wonderful addition. The only thing I'd change, and it's purely a matter of personal preference... I'd consider making the amboyna section shorter to bring the stone down closer to the form. With larger ornaments like the stone, I guess I like them to sit closer to the HF. You've got ever reason to be proud of this piece... It's awesome!

Thanks for sharing!

wizard

That is awesome looking! I love the display of the agate on the top. You did a great job.
Thanks for showing! Doc

65GTMustang

Frank - Lose the Top? REALLY? - That's what makes it a "Finial Lidded Vase" instead of just a "vase"...LOL

I appreciate the comments - just having some fun with ya.
Thanks to everyone else that responded.
It is nice to get remarks on projects that you put a lot of time into.
THANK YOU
Kevin

Top Bottom