Three toes in the water, new to bottle stoppers

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from mmayo

mmayo

Here are my first efforts at bottle stoppers. They were finished with six coats of BLO/CA followed by EEE wax and the microcrystalline wax.

4B04F812-2489-47F8-BF03-25951D0A6FBF_zpsnnyu7xgk.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

campzeke

Some cool lookin' corks.

Check out this link for your next order of stoppers. 304 food grade stainless and food grade O rings. Just about $1 more each but much better quality and selection.

mecompco

Mark, those look great--I especially like the lines on the top three--gonna have to try that shape on my next one. The burl is nice, but I'd prefer it to be the same shape as the top ones.

Regards,
Michael

mmayo

Mark, those look great--I especially like the lines on the top three--gonna have to try that shape on my next one. The burl is nice, but I'd prefer it to be the same shape as the top ones.

Regards,
Michael

Sometimes the wood give you lemons, so you make lemonade. Go figure, my wife liked the burl shape as it is smaller than the rest. I hope the right customer gives me $ and I'll give them the stopper they like; hard for me to always predict. My favorites sometimes languish for a while before selling.

Skie_M

Take the shapes you enjoy using and like and make them in various sizes ... sometimes it's not just the appearance, it's the user's "feel in the hand" ... is it comfortable for them to grip? Is it a gift to a woman from a man who's shopping, and knows that she has small hands and won't like a large bottle stopper? Once you have a nice variety on the shelf to pick from, see what sells most often in your area, and replace those types most often with the largest variety of materials.

Top Bottom