Thomasville Mantle Clock

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from W.Y.

W.Y.

This is the one I was working on when the kickback from the table saw opened my thumb up requiring seven stitches .
Finally got back in the shop today and finished off a few pieces that were not cut yet and assembled all the pieces.
I put three coats of Beauti-Tone lacquer on it .

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

W.Y.

Last edited:
Wow that is amazing! How much do you charge for the kit for that?

Sent from my iPad using Penturners.org mobile app
Not sure what you mean by "kit" .
It is made by following a pattern that I got from wildwooddesigns . I think they sold out to Cherrytree patterns Forgot what I paid for my pattern because I have had it for some time .

CORRECTION .
That is a Dirk Boleman pattern and is sold at the arty factory .

http://theartfactory.com/product/thomasville/

I was being a bit tongue-in-cheek but was wondering if you had made it from a kit. But the pattern and the company that has it is exactly what I needed. Thanks and again that is a great clock. Tony

Sent from my iPad using Penturners.org mobile app

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
My wife inherited several mantle, wall and Grandfather clocks made by her grandfather (made about 1910). All were made with patterns, but not much else. All are cherished.

Your Mantle Clock is much more detailed - well done! I appreciate the artistry involved.

Thank you for sharing.

Woodchipper

There is an elaborate clock that is obviously a scroll cut design in the VA hospital in Murfreesboro, TN. Next time I'm up there, I'll try to find it and take a photo for the forum and a couple of other forums.

W.Y.

Thanks to all for the comments .
There is no money in making those clocks . I do it for the enjoyment I get from scroll sawing. With the price of the pattern first and then the wood and milling red oak down from 2" thick planks into 1/4" panels and finishing supplies and all , I have some scroll sawing friends that are selling that same one for $89.00 . It takes two days to make one of those clocks from start to finish so there is nothing much left for profit after the expenses . The price of my time doesn't count for much at all .

Last edited:
Top Bottom