Third Combo Salt and Pepper

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from W.Y.

W.Y.

This one is walnut , purpleheart , white oak and padauk . I am keeping this third one for myself and probably won't make any more until I see if they are well enough accepted at next craft sale .

Same one with a quarter turn .

And here are the three of them all together

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mokol

William, do you use the Ringmaster to make these?
Beautiful work, Victor

robutacion

Hi William,

I like them all but, your last one would be my choice, also.

I don't know the reason but, the varnish coating on your first one is better than the rest, particularly on the top part, the last one you made, looks like you grabbed it before it was dry or it soaked a little more than the others.

I also don't know what type of finish you intended on them (natural wood look, a satin or a gloss finish) but, from the finish you use on your other pieces (I believe to be the same product), it may require another coat to cover some of those dull spots.

This is what I see, if I'm wrong because the pics are creating that effect, I apologise as I only intend to give you a true feedback of what I see, sorry...!

Cheers
George

W.Y.

George.
You are quite right and no problem with you pointing that out although I was fully aware of it. I do get in too much of a hurry sometimes.
It is just rattle can Deft lacquer and I was using up some odds and ends of both semi gloss and high gloss.
I will be sanding them all down with 320 or 400 grit when the finish is fully cured and they will all get high gloss from a new can I just bought .

robutacion

George.
You are quite right and no problem with you pointing that out although I was fully aware of it. I do get in too much of a hurry sometimes.
It is just rattle can Deft lacquer and I was using up some odds and ends of both semi gloss and high gloss.
I will be sanding them all down with 320 or 400 grit when the finish is fully cured and they will all get high gloss from a new can I just bought .

I'm glad that you were aware of it, as I wasn't sure if were the pics playing tricks on me (not the first time).

My observation was made based on the principle that I thought they were finished and ready for sale, I just didn't want you to lose a sale because the finish didn't look quite right on some of them...!

You should know me well enough to know that, I'm honest with my opinions and I mean no disrespect or be downgrading anyone's work, I call it as I see it and some times that is taken the wrong way.

I also think that, you may deserve a little break from your RM, you sure made a hell of a mountain of those bowls...!

I like your work, you should know that...!:wink::biggrin:

Cheers
George

Top Bottom