Textured Acacia

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from vick

Status
Not open for further replies.

vick

Here is my latest finished bowl. It is 10 1/4 x 3 made of Acacia and textured inside and out.

Some will cringe at this but I left the wall thickness at 1 inch.

200762165219_AcaciaTexIn.jpg

200762165234_AcaciaTextureOut.jpg

Critques are welcome. Well I really like this piece, there are a couple of things that I would change on it.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

clement

Mike,
Don't change anything on this bowl, he's very nice. I love the color too, did you color the wood ?
Acacia is mostly dark yellowish ( in our country also ) I like the texturing it gives more deepnes in the wood. The walltickness not displease me, I could observe that most of people like to have something in their hands that looks solid.
Nice job,

clem

Tanner

Beautiful Mike, I love the textured look. My wife is sqeezing me to make something like this. I just don't have the knowledge or skill yet. You're a master turner and it shows.

Dario

Mike,

I love the texturing too but a bit too thick for me (personal preference). It is an awesome piece though. [^]

doeringr

I think your texturing is top notch and the thickness matches the shape and size well. Overall fantastic job!

leehljp

Member Liaison
I think the texturing compliments the thickness very well. I am not sure if that kind of texturing would be great on most thin bowls. Perfect match in my opinion and a work of art to bring the two together so nicely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom