TellicoTurner's basket got me to thinking....

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from mecompco

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mecompco

Very nice. Looks like you picked it up quickly.

Thanks, Jim. It's kind of a fiddly business, and there are no power tools involved, but it is fun and with Mom just turning 70 it's a good way to spend time with her. I am probably the world's slowest basket maker. Like anything, it gets better with practice.

Regards,
Michael

I like the growler basket... should get one for the son... he has a shop near him that he gets his filled... although his bookkeeper wife has recently reduced his expenditures for the growlers... she said he was spending more on his designer beers than on taking her out to dinner. :eek::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

mecompco

I like the growler basket... should get one for the son... he has a shop near him that he gets his filled... although his bookkeeper wife has recently reduced his expenditures for the growlers... she said he was spending more on his designer beers than on taking her out to dinner. :eek::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Thanks! I got the idea from a basket I saw at the brewery, but it was a simple oblong basket with some twining in the middle to keep the growlers apart. My design is two separate baskets joined with two super-long spokes that form the handle (both loop down under each bastek--they are 48" long), twining in the middle, and two long weavers, one top and one bottom to further hold them together. It really gets to be a pain once they are joined. I think it looks pretty cool, though, and works great. My Mom made the handle on hers a little shorter, which in retrospect I think looks better.

Regards,
Michael

Last edited:
Top Bottom