Tear drop cast experimentation...!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from robutacion

robutacion

Hi peoples,

I've made this experimentation after seeing lately a few "casters" here making pen blanks with this type of effect, that I call the "tear drop".

I have no intentions to imitate anyone nor make more of these, unless absolutely necessary so, I knew that I had a few Resifills to cast a couple of days ago and instead of using any leftovers to make some pendants, I had a strange Gum pod I picked up a few weeks back so I decided to find a container of the correct size (4"x2" round) insert the pod in there and wait for the resin leftovers.

I had 2 base colours so when I finish the Resifills I grabbed the containers where I had the leftovers and done my thing, only needing some Carbon black to created the final effect. Got it all in the pressure pot and next morning I had something to play with, apart from the Resifills (pen blanks) so, I got into it that afternoon, after some hours withy that mold in the sun.

I had something in mind for that piece but, the pod shape didn't allow me to get what I wanted so I followed the inside to remove completely the pod from the sides however, I kept a fair bit of it on the piece bottom, thinking that it would show up OK but after I coated it, I realise that it also was useless but left it alone as the main reason of this test was to produce the tear drop resin effect that I manage to do quite nicely (if I may say, myself...!)

The walls are very thin, also allowing for a great effect under a strong light but when I was taken the pics this afternoon, the only strong light I had available to me was the sun so, I pointed the piece to the bright start and took a couple of pics, nothing that special but quite pretty, I reckon...!

So, what do you boys and gals, think of it...???

PS: Yes, the wife already claimed it...!:biggrin::wink:

Cheers
George

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    75.9 KB · Views: 288
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    78.6 KB · Views: 208
  • 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    58.8 KB · Views: 225
  • 009.JPG
    009.JPG
    47.6 KB · Views: 204
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

I like colors GEORGE whats the plan for using it

Thanks everyone..!

John, I was going to simply put it in my computer room, displayed on the shelf near the window where the natural light would enhance the piece but, that's out, the wife had a different idea on what to do with it so, she's got it full of shiny jewellery in the main bedroom...!

I still see it every day, (for now), though...!:wink::biggrin:

Cheers
George

Jjartwood

The flow looks like it's still moving,BEAUTIFUL,...do it again George,do it again!!!
Nice work all the way around,Have you done this before??
Mark

philb

That looks great! I'm guessing the resin hadn't gelled too much in order to get the black to run through the other two colours?

Great work, wish I was that far on with casting!!

Top Bottom