See more from splinter99

Status
Not open for further replies.

splinter99

Here are the new tap handles I made with a piece of curly oak that guts gave me

20077100313_tap.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TheHeretic

wow you should have made tham about 12 inches long and did some different stuff on them. Now it looks like 2 plain beers. I cant just feel the one and know, ok this is Brown Ale, or this is *choke* pilsner....

But I do like them. Its amazing how much we use that is wood or the like and we dont really think about it.

Dean
Columbus OH

splinter99

Dean..I have made them longer in the past and when the wife moves her cutting board, she hits the tap handle spilling precious beer[:(] so loml requested short tap handles..I thought abought sugesting that she do her cooking elsewhere but I dont think that will fly..I could move the draft system but then she would want to buy a dishwasher to fill that void ..so best to leave well enough alone and go with short tap handles(know why brides dress in white..so the stove and dishwasher match[:)])

woodwish

Hard to tell much from the photo, perhaps I should drive over and see how they grip. Much easier to tell much about the wood if I could actually feel it, maybe more than once. [;)] I'll even bring my own frosty mug! [8D]

tipusnr

Great work on the tap handles. How long does draft beer stay fresh in one of them? I don't drink the volume I used to but do like draft beer.

If neither of the kegs have lasted long enough for a valid answer I'll take the longest time it has taken you to empty one![B)]

splinter99

tipusnr..Mine is set up for 5 gallon kegs..I have had them last for 3 months or more..would probably last longer though..thats just the longest we ever kept one..they are pretty easy to make

guts

Dang Harold,you are really making me sorry I did'nt come to the farm while I was up there,nice job on the handles,did I tell you I like to drink beer? oh well maybe next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom