T Top Pepper Mills

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from shastastan

shastastan

These are from PSI kits. The product is new. I like them because of the simple design that is a single piece of wood. They are very easy to assemble. The grinder mechanism is ceramic. I thought it was plastic at first so I emailed PSI support who answered that only the housing is plastic. Obviously, I can't comment as to the durability of the parts since this item has not been out for long.

I applied 3 coats of WOP for the finish and used synthetic steel wool to knock down the nibs between coats. The mill in the middle is Koa and the others are ambrosia maple. These are Christmas gifts since we already have a different one.

PSI sells a jam chuck kit that they recommend in the instructions. However, I used a chuck with spigot jaws and a live center after bringing into round. I did use dovetail jaws to hold the stock while drilling with the forstner bits. PSI also sells the forstner bits and one is 1 1/16th". I already had that size, but I thought about using a more common size of 1 1/8th". I did use a forstner bit extender which I already have. It was 6" but you could get by with a 3" (which I don't have). I liked having my Easy Chuck for this project

There is a retainer plate for the bottom that is mounted with very small screws. I pre-drilled holes for these with a very small bit using my Dremel. A Dremel is very handy for small stuff.

Attachments

• T Top Pepmills w.jpg
    T Top Pepmills w.jpg
    183.3 KB · Views: 213
Top Bottom