Street address sign

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Cwalker935

Cwalker935

My daughter nagged me into making her a street address sign for her yard. I found a cedar log behind my house and cut it up. I turned the post and perpendicular piece and diagonally cut the hanging section. I will get some numbers, hooks, and chain for hanging the address sign. I also plan on giving it a coat or two of spar urethane. I might be biased but I think she will have the best sign in the neighborhood.

IMG_0239.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Terredax

Banned
Just my opinion.

The arm that the sign hangs from seems a little too short. It should be longer than the sign hanging from it. It makes it more proportional and keeps the sign out away from the post.

Cwalker935

Just my opinion.

The arm that the sign hangs from seems a little too short. It should be longer than the sign hanging from it. It makes it more proportional and keeps the sign out away from the post.

I agree. I was worried about the cedar being too weak for a longer piece and made it with a 10" overhang. I might have overshot on the diagonally cut piece and may change it out since it may be to long and narrow for the numbers as well. Her address only has 3 digits and a shorter sign will likely be more proportional.

Top Bottom