The Steampunk Collection expands

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Si90

Si90

I'm trying to keep developing The Steampunk Collection so here is the latest addition. This is a 2.5 inch magnifying glass. The rod bent round the lens was a real pain in the backside, and then to get the holes and the shaping of the parts it goes through was a bit of work but I'm quite pleased with the result. Features 4 glass tubes detailed with various springs and watch parts and 3 small acrylic accents. Finished off with a small non functional pressure gauge and steel lines in the cut outs in the copper. This has been the most time consuming addition to the collection yet with the exception of the one I made for this years Bash.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
I'm sure Captain Nemo would have loved to have had that on board Nautilus !!:biggrin:
It goes without saying, that I love it too, of course!!!:biggrin:
Maybe you could have incorporated a pen in the handle....

CrimsonKeel

pretty cool. I'm curious about your design process. do you start out with a drawing or putting pieces on a table and seeing what looks good? or just wing it and start putting stuff together (im hoping this isnt it)

Si90

or just wing it and start putting stuff together (im hoping this isnt it)

Why, would that be a bad thing?

To answer your question, most of my Steampunk items just start off as a basic idea in my head, they develop and evolve more once I start putting things together. I have designed on the computer in the past but I tend to find that the designs become too complicated to make with my current techniques.

That said, I do have a design on paper for this purely because I started so long ago I decided to speed the process up a bit by designing parts to finish it my lunch hour at work. The designs however are more complicated and elaborate which as I said tends to be what happens when I put ideas down on paper.

OZturner

Another Great "Steampunk" Product, Simon.
I don't know where you get all your Inspiration, and Ideas from.
They seem endless.
Keep them coming, they are Unique and Pure Brilliance.
I couldn't begin to imagine what you would create as a "Letter Opener", if you should ever try?
But no doubt it would be Exciting, and Stimulating.
Congratulations,
Brian.

Last edited:
Top Bottom