Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from underdog

Status
Not open for further replies.

underdog

A request from the oldest son to display his spyglass:
200712184647_SpyGlassStand1.jpg

20071218473_SpyGlassStand5.jpg

Inspired by JR Beall's Kaleidoscope stands for his HG Wells model.

The yoke really had me stumped for a couple of days. Free hand shaping/sanding of a "Y" shaped piece of walnut that is symetrical is harder than you think...
but it all finally came together and I went down to the local Box store and bought the hardware.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BigRob777

All I can say is "SUPERB". Very detailed, without overdoing it. I'm not only impressed, but I'm jealous too. Wow! The fact that you put it together without a commercial pattern is awesome.
Rob

Thumbs

Wow! Impressive and nicely done! Lot of intricate fitting, it does look like something from the Victorian era! I like it!

underdog

Thanks guys...

I was wishing I knew a little more about that "intricate fitting" when I made the box joint on the yoke base and the yoke. I don't have any shoulder planes or dovetail saws... Bandsaw, pocket knife and sandpaper...[xx(]

woodwish

Very impressive. I like that spyglass, and looks like you found the perfect way to disply it. I have made some bigger/nicer k'scopes and have been thinking about making something similar.

Rifleman1776

Originally posted by underdog
<br />Thanks guys...

I was wishing I knew a little more about that "intricate fitting" when I made the box joint on the yoke base and the yoke. I don't have any shoulder planes or dovetail saws... Bandsaw, pocket knife and sandpaper...[xx(]

No lathe? [:0]
Well done, an instant family heirloom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom