Something new-money clip

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from MesquiteMan

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

THarvey

Tim,

You are too kind with the flattery! Hop in your car and drive on over! Or better yet, hop on a plane and I will even pick you up at the airport and find a place for you to stay!

Careful. I may take you up on that.

I will start a list of the things I want to learn. :biggrin: Hope you're a patient teacher. I'm an accountant, not a carpenter.

Seriously, If I see a chance that I am any where in the area, I'll be giving you a call.

Dang, now I have to compete with you. but, let me tell you he got the patience and he is a very good teacher. I had chance to watch him teach and he blew up a bowl blank that he went little too thin, but he managed to save it nicely and that alone taught me a lesson in patience. he, is truly blessed with his talent as a general contractor advocating green building and his artistic pen turning and man he got heart as big as God knows. and, yes he got a dog very cute and well behaved.
Now, for the rest of his qualities you have to just come to his shop and see for yourselves. And, he keeps us in line too.:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

With it being a 900 mile trip, I better make plans and arrangements ahead of time.

It would be sad to make the trip, only to find out Curtis is out of town (visiting Constant in Atlanta, or something).

Although, that BBQ you mentioned really makes it tempting. :eat:

el_d

Curtis is a great guy, Id like t o spend more time over there in his shop just shootin the breeze or Ill even help him cactus hunt. But dont want to overstay my welcome.......

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
OK, enough already! You guys are making me blush! I am no different than most of the other good folks here at IAP!

Lupe, you are welcome at my shop day or night! Just call and say you want to come over and unless I have something else going on, we will make it happen. I always love having shop visitors! Heck, I am planning a wood hunting trip to my in-laws property in Luckenbach real soon. Want to come along? It would be on a Saturday or Sunday.

el_d

Heck Yup!!!! Would love to just let me know when and Ill try to clear the calendar, call in sick to work, find a bbsitter, Pack my lunch, put on some sun screen and grab some gloves.

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
Folks, I am not being aloof on providing the name of the supplier I am just working on something where I may be able to buy them wholesale and offer them for the same price. If that happens, I will post the information in a thread in the proper forum:biggrin:

In the meantime, if you just don't want to wait, send me a PM and I will give you the info on my current source.

RyanNJ

Folks, I am not being aloof on providing the name of the supplier I am just working on something where I may be able to buy them wholesale and offer them for the same price. If that happens, I will post the information in a thread in the proper forum:biggrin:

In the meantime, if you just don't want to wait, send me a PM and I will give you the info on my current source.

Curtis,
thanks for the update

louie68

Curtis I like your idea for the money clip, may i have the supplier name?
Thanks, Louie

mokol

Curtis I like your money clip, may i have the supplier name?
Thanks. victor

titan2

My first money clip was a big paper clip I got from the PayMaster when I left Viet Nam in 1973. I retired the paper clip when it broke some time later.

My last money clip I bough while I was stationed in Japan in 1985.....still using it today!

Your clip is stunning! Something I'd be proud to use!!!!

Barney

Fred

Phillip,

Yes, I will make you one. Better yet, we can plan a Saturday where you can come up and I will make it while you watch. Then we can turn a pen and you can take the lathe I am going to let you borrow.

While the two of you are together make a video of the process. I'm sure many here would like to see "you in action!" :)

aggromere

yea, if you are going to do a group buy or sometihng im interested or just in the name of the place to order them. I'd like to give that a whirl around the ole lathe and see what happens.

jscola

Curtis is a great guy!! About 3-years ago I went to Houston to visit my neice & posted that was looking for mesquete. He invited me over to see his shop & gave me a bunch of wood & some mesquete blanks. He would not take any money & said consider it Texas Hospitality. Thanks again Curtis that very nice of you!! If I ever get down that way againg I will bring you some wood from MI

Top Bottom