Diamonds.sized.jpg

Segmented_HollyCherryPurpleheart.sized.jpg

These where painted by my daughter

Holly_3leaf.sized.jpg

Holly_2leaf.sized.jpg

Thanks for looking

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BigRob777

The more I look at them, the more I like the first one, but I think the 2nd just edges it out. I am a big fan of contrast. I've got a bunch of holly logs out back. I aught to post something offering free wood to anyone who will help me cut it up. Oops, I'm yacking again. Ron, if you don't have a large stash of it, it might be worth the trip.
Rob

Ptolemy

Ron,
Those are really cool. They quickly caught my eye. I'm about to start turning ornaments and may have to add that style to the attempt list. Rob, when you cutting up that holly?[:D] Congrats to your daughter as well, her painting is also excellent and a great touch to the piece. Oh, and I'm going to cop out on which I like best cause each time I look I change my mind.

penhead

Local Chapter Leader
Very nice Ron..!!..Beautiful inlays and compliments to your daughters paintings as well.

On another note, your holly looks super white. Any trick in keeping it that way..??
Depending on when the holly is cut makes a huge difference in the amount of staining that occurs I know,
but even the holly that we cut in beginning Nov when it was cool has started staining a bit.

Originally posted by penhead
<br />On another note, your holly looks super white. Any trick in keeping it that way..??
Depending on when the holly is cut makes a huge difference in the amount of staining that occurs I know,
but even the holly that we cut in beginning Nov when it was cool has started staining a bit.

I didn't cut this holly, I bought it kiln dried at $15 a board foot (ouch). Which was cheap, the next lowest price I got was $29 BdFt.

The only way I know how to keep holly white is to cut it in the winter when it is below freezing and dry the wood before it thaws.

I know someone who has a big freezer with holly that is pure white, but I couldn't pry any of it from his fingers. I can't blame him though, it looks like porcelain.

Ron,
Those are super... I didn't realize holly was so white... what little I have came from a small tree outside my shop and is only small limbs... the tree is about 8 or 10 inches diameter, but suspect if I harvested the main trunk, I might have to move into my shop on a permanent basis... LOML loves the holly tree.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom