Snowman...with a twist!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from The Penguin

The Penguin

Finished this up last week and took it to the GCWA meeting this Saturday.

with the exception of his "scarf" (a piece of ribbon) and the holly on his hat, everything was turned:

American Holly body, stained oak hat, dyed buckeye nose, dyed buckeye buttons, African blackwood for the coal to make the eyes & mouth. I used a Foredom tool to carve the blackwood to make it lumpy looking.

now for the twist...it's not just a turned snowman, it's a pepper mill. I used a Crush/grind mechanism. mill is activated by turning his hat.

I took photos using a white background and a blue...I think I like the blue one better

image-161522093.jpg

image-291953019.jpg

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gketell

Local Chapter Leader
I've looked at this several times and this morning was the first time I read through to the end to learn it is actually a mill. Even more awesome than I originally thought!

I've got to say, though, that it really should be a salt mill. Then it would be producing white crystals, which just seems more fitting coming from a snowman. :biggrin::biggrin:

The Penguin

well Greg - you're on to something there...

I gave this to my mom for Christmas. It was already suggested by a friend on facebook that a "Mrs." snowman would make a great salt mill to accompany this one.

so guess what Mom will be getting for Christmas next year... :biggrin:

Bobostro61

What did you use for the eyes (and mouth) and nose? It looks like real coal. Oh, and the holly leaves on the hat, is that wood?

Top Bottom