Snowman in August

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from solobiker

solobiker

This was my first attempt at turning one of these guys. I am fairly happy with how it turned out. I think next time I will try to make his head more rounded and both the hat and head smaller. I do like how the carrot nose looks. It started to get pretty small as I was turning it down with my tools. The hat was turned separately as well.

Attachments

• DSCN9942.jpg
    DSCN9942.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 192
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

USNR'03

This was my first attempt at turning one of these guys. I am fairly happy with how it turned out. I think next time I will try to make his head more rounded and both the hat and head smaller. I do like how the carrot nose looks. It started to get pretty small as I was turning it down with my tools. The hat was turned separately as well.

Susan,
Is the hat and body one piece or two?

solobiker

Susan,
Is the hat and body one piece or two?

The hat and body are two. He/she was fun to make.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
My son make this last Thanksgiving. He is a perfectionist and was not happy with the finish. While sanding, he got some dark grit into the maple, and didn't want to take to few minutes to correct it.

Attachments

• IMG_0225.jpg
    IMG_0225.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 105
Top Bottom