Snake skins.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from theturningcircle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rifleman1776

Here is one from Glimmerz. Full sized Gentelman.

232159_Diamondback%20rattler%20Gent%20pen%20closed.jpg
<br />

20232213_Diamondback%20rattler%20Gent%20pen%20open.jpg
<br />

its_virgil

My personal opinion, which is worth exactly what you pay for it, is that the diamondback skins used are way too large and when cut into small piecs for pen blanks the pattern is lost and all that is seen is scales. On the other hand, the prairie rattlesnake has a smaller pattern or blotches and the blotches have whitish tips on the scales surrounding the blotches and thus are more aesthetically (thanks for spelling that word for me) pleasing. I think the prairie rattlesnake skins are just better looking skins for pens. The diamondbacks scales are larger and the skins are thicker. I have a rancher friend who is bringing me a couple of smaller diamondback skins which maybe will work better.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

Originally posted by theturningcircle
<br />Most pictures on this site of rattlesnake pens are prairie rattlesnake. Diamond back is also available from "glimmerznmore" but I haven't seen any photos of these. Is there much of a difference or is the prairie more aesthetically pleasing. I'd love to know.
Ian

Rifleman1776

Don, can't quarrel with your opinion re: diamondback skins. But, I will say, that pen I showed is my best salesman. I know I've talked about this in other posts but, at my age folks expect me to repeat myself. [:p] When I take it out of my pocket, the reaction is a resounding "Wow!" I once made a sale of six pens just by taking it out of my pocket. I can't knock that. Personally, I'm crazy about it. This is my personal carry pen. And will be until/unless someone demands I sell it to them.

its_virgil

Frank,
I have a couple of diamond back skins and I don't have to like a pen or material to offer it for sale. Heck, I've made and sold several pens I didn't like. Maybe I should cast and make me a few diamondback pens. They might just sell here also...we do have lots of diamondbacks here in my area of the state. I really intend to make several and go to a snake roundup next spring, but I've been saying that for the last 4 years. Seems like the snake hunts just sneak up on me. We have 3 within 75 miles of where I live. Actually, I think most all snake skin pens are nice and unique.

Do a good turn daily!
Don
Originally posted by Rifleman1776
<br />Don, can't quarrel with your opinion re: diamondback skins. But, I will say, that pen I showed is my best salesman. I know I've talked about this in other posts but, at my age folks expect me to repeat myself. [:p] When I take it out of my pocket, the reaction is a resounding "Wow!" I once made a sale of six pens just by taking it out of my pocket. I can't knock that. Personally, I'm crazy about it. This is my personal carry pen. And will be until/unless someone demands I sell it to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom