Simple prototype

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Terredax

Terredax

Banned
Been working on a design to make this work.
I finally finished the design and ran one to test the concept.
There is only one minor adjustment to make to the shroud.

The engraved designs are limitless and the light color can be anything, if the RGB's are used. This one utilizes the IP67 super white.
The dimensions are 6"x12".

I'll see if anyone can figure out the end product. It may, or may not be legal in your state.

7Hxr4OA.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Terredax

Banned
Not a clue, but here's a guess - Front license plate?

Yes sir.
Some states consider vanity lighting an offroad use only product.

People in this area worship their cars. We have several large cruise-ins, car shows, and other car related events throughout the summer.
There's everything from classics, muscle, and hot rods. I've done lit signs for some of them, and now they can have something special for their car.

Terredax

Banned
So is the lighted effect accomplished just using edge lighting or is it backlit?

It is edge lit of sorts. The lighting was one of the concepts I was trying to work out.
It has the mounting holes cut in it (although the shroud doesn't, yet), and I was concerned that would keep the light from reaching the engraving toward the edges. It works better than expected.

The next one is for a Harley guy.
Then I will make a few of the typical style auto logos, and visit a car gathering to see the interest.

Terredax

Banned
what area do you live in? I would think as long as its not flashing as you are driving down the road it would be fine.

Some states require a license plate on the front of the vehicle. Some also regulate and ticket auxiliary lighting, whether on the front, back, or even under the vehicle.

Lighted pen box top. LEDs behind your work in a shallow top frame. Wiring through flexible tubing in the back. Can I expect one in the mail? :)

Lighting behind the image won't work. It would just wash it out and have hot spots. There's no need for flex tubing, just create a channel. A pen box is fairly small to fit everything into. The acrylic has to be thicker than the width of the light, it would require a battery box and switch, and the image would be incredibly small.
However, a pen display unit would open up options, and could work well at shows, with a logo and contact information on the sides. Lit shelves set at an angle, so the front edge and the resting holes are lit up.

Expect one to arrive on June 31st. :biggrin:

Top Bottom