Should I offer this for sale???

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Monty

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
LOML says I shouldn't display this for sale with an antler brush and razor.
What do you think???

Attachments

• Stand1.jpg
    Stand1.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 446
  • Stand2.jpg
    Stand2.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 387
  • Stand3.jpg
    Stand3.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 343
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

plantman

Beauty is truly in the eyes of the beholder !! Many of the most beautiful statues in the world are nudes. To most who see them, they are true art and beauty, to others it is obsene and distastful. You can't please everyone !! I would bet money, that if you put it out for sale, it would not stay in your posession very long. It will be a sorce of conversation for sure and many people will pay to have it in their bathroom, even if they never use it. Just be careful who you tell the story about "the older the buck---------" I like it !! Jim S

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
If I am reading you correctly, LOYL has a dirty mind!! (A good thing, in my book):biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Hmmmmm.....Well ya know what Ed --- everybody ain't gonna see it that way--- I didn't until you pointed it out. All I saw was a deer antler base for a shaving brush and razor. :bulgy-eyes: And before you dismiss me as being an "innocent" old codger, keep in mind that I sired 6 kids that I own up to.:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Karl_99

When I first saw the picture, I thought it was a small statue that looked like a fertility god! As for whether or not to sell it, Monty, you have to trust your gut.

If I listened to the LOML, I would have sold all of my pens for $10 each!

Good luck and let us know what happens

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Kind of screams - just woke up got to shave. :biggrin:

That's great!

Several years ago I was turning Maple Branches into Mushrooms, a teacher (Female) who works with me asked for one, after it was done I couldn't possibly give it to her... I think she got a pen instead.

Cwalker935

I worry about very seam ripper I make and do what I can to lessen any similarity to a certain appendage. For what it's worth I initially missed any innuendo in the razor stand and still think it has some potential

rblakemore

Whose idea was this??

Was this your original intention???
And, what will the razor and shave brush look like!!!
I am not sure that I would make this; but, it will probably sell.
But, a triple "X" area at your selling area????

walshjp17

Very cool. I would definitely use antler for the brush and handle and then put this on a shelf on the wall. The, ummm, ... protuberance (yeah, that's the ticket!) :rolleyes: ... could be marketed as a warm towel holder.:biggrin::biggrin:

Cmiles1985

I'd say run with it! It could either go off as a humorous item to some and a great bathroom centerpiece to others. LOML didn't hesitate to point out the obvious resemblance of a Purpleheart ice cream scoop handle to a certain above referenced appendage while it was on the lathe. Of course, I posted a picture of the completed scoop to my FB page, and it was gone in about five minutes. The problem was that it wasn't really for sale!

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
All that fuss over an undersized antler

Hmmmm, Ya know I have been showering frequently for many years and I always take all of my appendages into the shower with me and I can clearly state that does not look like any of my appendages - or even close....

diamundgem

Lordy No , don't sell it. It will just get covered up with sticky, nasty shave cream and get all nasty. Just give it to me and I will take care of it

D.Oliver

This brings back memories of that Hawaii quarter that Seamus cut a while back. I'll have to go see if I can find it.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Thinking back....:rolleyes: it seems I saw something similar to this....but can't remember where:redface:

No, not the quarter.

Last edited:

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Thinking back....:rolleyes: it seems I saw something similar to this....but can't remember where:redface:

Oh Chuck.........the jokes that could follow that statement. I won't make any of them but you better hope Mike doesn't see it.
:biggrin:

No, not the quarter.

Breathe in very deeply and then look down. It'll come back to you eventually Chuck......:rolleyes:
I did as you suggested.....nothing yet:redface:

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
I appreciate all the comments. If I can convince LOML (she sets up the razor sets on the table) I'll pair it with an antler razor and brush. Last year, I got $150 for my antler sets.

Top Bottom