Shaving brushes

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from vferdman

vferdman

Just finished a brush by custom order. Tie-Die resin with Elite High Mountain White two band badger fan knot.

Dimensions:

Total height: 120mm
Handle: 70mm
Loft: 50mm
Knot: 30mm

8RyOrxa.jpg

QstLF0J.jpg

4aE71TK.jpg

0lSPjO3.jpg

vW6WJ1X.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

vferdman

I have created two similar, but different brushes. I was kind of taken with the beauty of the combinations produced, so I went with some experimental techniques.

Here is the first one. Black Olive resin on top, Renaissance on the bottom and Crushed Cranberry (red wine) for a ring accent. I have cut the bottom part in two and flipped the parts end for end to obtain a sort-of a Yin-Yang effect. I thought it worked well in this case. I inserted a thin black line to delineate the transition between the halves. This piece is offered with a choice of knots: BOSS, Tuxedo, TGN two band or Elite Manchurian.

2y8ivUT.jpg

pcw4StZ.jpg

1fJM7Z3.jpg

E7pRUxo.jpg

jiIA6q0.jpg

fernhills

Nice brushes. I was just wondering how you glue your wood and resin brushes together. Do you just use epoxy ? Is there a special way of fasten them ? I saw that the golden nib was doing that quite some time ago. I have not tried one yet. I have tons of woods but short on resins. Nice work . carl

vferdman

Nice brushes. I was just wondering how you glue your wood and resin brushes together. Do you just use epoxy ? Is there a special way of fasten them ? I saw that the golden nib was doing that quite some time ago. I have not tried one yet. I have tons of woods but short on resins. Nice work . carl

I use 30 minute epoxy to glue the pieces together. Wood to wood, wood to resin, it all works great. I make sure my cuts are square, otherwise you get wobble line at the junction.

Try it, you'll like it.

fernhills

Thanks alot, I use 5 min. epoxy on most things and have good results, i guess i was worried about the end to end joint on such a wide item and then exposed to water. I will try a few and see how it goes. Carl

vferdman

This new brush is made from material I have not used before. It is resin stabilized wood. The wood is Oak and the resin is green. It is an amazing material that combines the features of both materials in one. It is fully water proof and the wood grain is accentuated by the color of the resin. Very cool stuff! Choice of knots available.

OrKrmb0.jpg

vzQK9C2.jpg

lbaDpGR.jpg

f1cV6no.jpg

pMySI1d.jpg

vferdman

This one is for a customer. Faux Tortoise Shell bottom, Butterscotch top and Copper pearl accent ring. BOSS knot set as high as possible (not set in pictures) for bowl lathering and lots of splay.

zeliXj3.jpg

bSO2PzM.jpg

4HkVyXB.jpg

zbLWa9n.jpg

vferdman

I have been pretty busy in the brush making shop and have created a few more brushes including four in a holiday series. These are all available now in my Etsy shop.

I will make a separate post for each brush, but feel free to browse my shop and do not hesitate to contact me with questions and/or comments.

Happy holidays!

vferdman

Now for the holiday series. This is a series of brush in what I consider festive winter holiday season colors. Of course, these can be used year round, but I was inspired by the season for these color schemes. Enjoy!

First one of the holiday series is a bit of an outlier as it differs from the other three in shape and scheme, but I thought it made a great holiday brush. The resins are Spring Green for the main body and Crushed Cranberry for the accent ring. Choice of knots available.

SbEY6uv.jpg

4SdIy1q.jpg

pDGoTjD.jpg

pgGn278.jpg

E3KpwIb.jpg

vferdman

I am launching a series of brushes called the Swirl Series. They are going to be made with very special resins. This series is going to be limited to about 35 brushes. Some blanks are unique and others have 2-4 similar patterns. Once these blanks are gone, they are gone and no more will be available in the near future. These resin blanks are amazingly beautiful. You are going to want to keep an eye out for the new releases. They are going to be amazing!
Here is the first one. This one is in Blue and Red Swirl. Handle is about 70mm tall and has a knot opening of 1" (25.4mm) in diameter and about 19mm deep. Choice of knots is offered or a handle-only.

Love-Your-Shave.com

92NrJFB.jpg

iHUXrO3.jpg

scenkx4.jpg

XbGVj36.jpg

XpiE5cA.jpg

omHytMD.jpg

Mike Powell

What are you guys using for razors? I've been looking for a good double edge safety razor kit, but there don't look to be many out there....

Here's a redwood burl set I recently put together:
Watch antique shops for vintage razors, you can usually get them for 20 bucks or less.

mmayo

Thanks I am a brush shaver already myself However my preference is the shaving cream from the art of shaving over soap I've not tried enough soaps probably though
Try Marvy cake soap. I use it exclusively and love it. It is very very old school that was hypoallergenic before they used the term. Cheap and low irritation that makes up a good fine lather.

Top Bottom