Shaving brush for my brother

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from TattooedTurner

It dipped down in to the 90s here and I'm enjoying some shop time. I've been making brushes for awhile now and my mom told me my younger brother really likes them. I had no idea as he never mentioned it to me. His birthday is later this month so I made him one with a synthetic "tuxedo" type knot, which are much easier to learn how to make a good lather with IME. Silmar 41 with black, pewter, and a blue mica powders. 24mm knot set at 52mm loft.

View in Gallery

View in Gallery

View in Gallery

View in Gallery

View in Gallery

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Nice Jay! Gonna make him a matching razor and stand?

Thanks Steve. No, he uses a cart and isn't interested in a DE razor. I've found that even a cart can give a fantastic shave with good prep and a quality soap or cream, almost on the level of a DE, it just costs (a lot) more. I'm toying with the idea of a resin lather bowl though and plan to do a practice run this weekend.

SteveAxelrod

I keep thinking of making a shaving soap box and lid and then just as quickly forget to follow through. Hope you make one and get me inspired!

I keep thinking of making a shaving soap box and lid and then just as quickly forget to follow through. Hope you make one and get me inspired!

I made one a bit over a year ago from wood for my Fine soap puck. I've been wanting to make one from resin but now that the weather is cooling down and I'm getting good shop time in I always seem to find a different project to do. I plan to glue a wood disc in the bottom of 2 pvc molds, one for the dish, one for the lid, so there won't be much to hollow - and waste. Resin gets expensive, I don't want 90% of it on the floor.

Last edited:
Top Bottom