Segmented shaving brushes - which one do you prefer?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from elkhorn

elkhorn

Since the shaving brushes have been doing well at the shows I've been to this summer, I decided to try something different. Going through my stash of blanks, I decided to segment some brush blanks from ones I had available. Since the brush blanks are normally 1 1/2" x 1 1/2", I decided to glue up some 3/4" blanks.

The one on the left is coffee and espresso, the center is ice and lime, the one on the right is ice and espresso. These are all lucite/matrix blanks. The first photo shows one of the colors head on, the second photo shows it rotated, and the last one is how they were glued together.

I've already picked my favorite. With that being said, which one (if any) is your choice?

C & C welcome.

Attachments

• 3 brushes view 1.jpg
    3 brushes view 1.jpg
    224.7 KB · Views: 265
  • 3 brushes view 2.jpg
    3 brushes view 2.jpg
    217 KB · Views: 180
  • 3 brushes view 3.jpg
    3 brushes view 3.jpg
    198.9 KB · Views: 240
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

All 3 are very nice. I would prefer a more traditional shape but the last one for color wise is probably my choice with the green and white a close second. Thanks for showing and i am sure all will be well received.

elkhorn

Steve, thank you. Now about sending you them............:big grin:

Edgar & JP: same comment as I made to Steve:wink:

Kenny, thank you for the compliment. I haven't put them on my web site yet, so we'll see how they do.:)

Curt & Tom, thank you. Those are my wife's favorite as well.:)

Jim, thanks for the compliment! The green and white one does stand out.:wink:

Mal, thanks. That is my choice as well.:coffee:

John, I appreciate the kind words. These blanks were a bit longer than I normally make so I decided to try a different shape to make the most use of the size. They are not the traditional shape, but with the extra length, they do feel comfortable in the hand.:yin-yang:

Tony, thank you.:coffee:

I appreciate everyone taking the time to look at them and telling me their preference. I find the input very helpful.

CREID

Steve, thank you. Now about sending you them............:big grin:

Edgar & JP: same comment as I made to Steve:wink:

Kenny, thank you for the compliment. I haven't put them on my web site yet, so we'll see how they do.:)

Curt & Tom, thank you. Those are my wife's favorite as well.:)

Jim, thanks for the compliment! The green and white one does stand out.:wink:

Mal, thanks. That is my choice as well.:coffee:

John, I appreciate the kind words. These blanks were a bit longer than I normally make so I decided to try a different shape to make the most use of the size. They are not the traditional shape, but with the extra length, they do feel comfortable in the hand.:yin-yang:

Tony, thank you.:coffee:

I appreciate everyone taking the time to look at them and telling me their preference. I find the input very helpful.

Since me and tom agree with your wife. Is she going to send us some homemade cookies.:biggrin:

elkhorn

Curt, she said yes:big grin: Send me your addresses.

Sorry guys and gals, this is the cutoff for homemade cookies - and they are really, really good:big grin: Anyone else is welcome to agree with my wife (smart idea), but the cookie jar is now closed:wink:

CREID

Curt, she said yes:big grin: Send me your addresses.

Sorry guys and gals, this is the cutoff for homemade cookies - and they are really, really good:big grin: Anyone else is welcome to agree with my wife (smart idea), but the cookie jar is now closed:wink:

Pm sent.:bananen_smilies104:

Top Bottom