Segmented Peppermill

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Jason Swanson

Jason Swanson

Here is one of my segmented peppermills. Segmenting peppermills is what gave me the idea to segment pen blanks. I teach Segmented Peppermill classes at my local Woodcraft store (Milwaukee, WI) as well as out of my shop. I will also be at John C. Campbell Folk Art School in July 2010 instructing a 5-day workshop on Segmented Turning.:)

Attachments

• 6Set02.jpg
    6Set02.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 2,574
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Craftdiggity

Here is one of my segmented peppermills. Segmenting peppermills is what gave me the idea to segment pen blanks. I teach Segmented Peppermill classes at my local Woodcraft store (Milwaukee, WI) as well as out of my shop. I will also be at John C. Campbell Folk Art School in July 2010 instructing a 5-day workshop on Segmented Turning.:)

Beautiful work.

Chris

DennisM

jason,
Forward me info on the classes in Milw!

I would be very interested in coming up to take one!

Those pepermills are outstanding!

Umeubbe

Oh dear, that's brilliant. I have never understood how to glue wooden blocks like that. Unfortunately, I have also a bit far to go on your course. :biggrin:
I can only lift my hat and bow my head.

Sincerely / Urban

okay, you need to post a tutorial on how you did that for those of us too far away or too broke to do John C. Campbell.. JCC is only about an hour away from me and I've only been there once with my local art group on a field day tour...... those are gorgeous work, great combination of colors.

Jason Swanson

Thanks everyone for the kind comments! If anyone is interested in taking the upcoming class on Segmented Peppermills in Milwaukee, please go to http://www.woodcraft.com/Resources/EducationClasses.aspx?CategoryID=0&StoreID=0&State=WI, Milwaukee, WI store. The next segmented peppermills class I'm holding there is May 16th and May 23rd. It's a two-session class in which we will cut wood and glue up the blanks in the first session and make it into a peppermill in the second session.

I'm also holding a 5-day workshop on Segmented Turning end of July at John C. Campbell Folk Art School in Brasstown, North Carolina for anyone that might be interested in segmented woodturning.

For those of you that live far away, no problem. I will travel anywhere in the world to teach woodturning, segmented woodturning, as well as "flat-work". If interested, please feel free to contact me anytime...

Jason Swanson
wiwoodguy@wi.rr.com
www.jasonaswanson.com
www.wiwoodguy.com

Top Bottom