Segmented and Colourful

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from W.Y.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

W.Y.

But Wait . . . There's More . . .lol

These are the two that I was making at the same time and now have the finish applied although it will need to be buffed after it is cured .

Last edited:

W.Y.

Great, what is the finish?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Double coat of shellac as sanding sealer followed by three coats of gloss lacquer ..
After a week of curing they will be buffed out on the three stage Beal buffing system and will feel and look like gloss satin to the touch .

Those look amazing! I have great respect for those who do segmented bowl turning considering I've done some myself. Have you tried doing any open segmented bowls yet?

W.Y.

Those look amazing! I have great respect for those who do segmented bowl turning considering I've done some myself. Have you tried doing any open segmented bowls yet?

No I have not done any open segmentation simply for the reason that it does not interest me but I do like to see the ones others have made .

DJBPenmaker

They are already stunning and that's before they are finished! Can you give us an idea of actual size please.

W.Y.

They are already stunning and that's before they are finished! Can you give us an idea of actual size please.

Thanks to all for the comments .

They are actually finished apart from buffing after the lacquer is cured for about a week . They are quite saleable as is but that extra step makes them feel like velvet to the touch and I get a lot of compliments about the buffed finish at craft sales when people pick them up and handle them .

Those are just medium size ones at 8 x 5 for the tall ones and 8 x 4 for the shorter one.
I have made well over 400 of them all the way from 4" to 12" diameter and never two the same . .

Top Bottom