Segmented bowl

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Doug-B

Doug-B

I made this bowl for my good lady wife, her birthday is the beginning of December & she loves all things Christmassy.
Made from Lime & Cherry

IMG_1365_zps77a327c4.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

flyitfast

You had better copyright or patent that bowl soon!!! I have a feeling that it is going to be copied many times......
Thanks for showing - I really like it.
Gordon

bobleibo

Doug
I really like that bowl. The two details that are so impressive to me are the way the three levels of the tree are symmetrical both individually and as a group. The other one is that tiny bit of lighter wood that you left at the top of the tree, just enough to give it some definition. Hope you don't mind if I put that in my things to remember file.
?? - What is Lime wood? Do we know it as something else? Great combo.
Thanks for showing~

Last edited:

Doug-B

Thanks for the comments, very much appreciated.

A quick google search suggests that that Basswood is similar to what I know as Lime here in the U.K., Here it is mainly used by carvers, I only chose it as I wanted a light wood to contrast with the Cherry & I had a nice dry piece in the shop.

Feel free to make you own version Bob, for me that's what the internets about sharing ideas, whilst not on a bowl the tree design is my interpretation of a design I saw on the web.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Top Bottom