See?? I do turn wood!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from MDWine

Status
Not open for further replies.

MDWine

This is a chisel handle I turned from some curly maple. It is dyed with fabric dye and finished with Enduro. The more I use Enduro, the more I like it. The Enduro was polished with MicroMesh just like you would with a pen. The finish is every bit as smooth and deep as a pen... (a beauty if I must say so myself) I will post the finished chisel soon.

handle.jpg

See Jim/James/Lou!!! I TURNED!! I have a couple of barons to post, but haven't shot'm yet... but I will...

No! Really! I'll post'm! [:p] :D [:p] :D

Firefyter-emt

Huh.. now that's diffrent!! This is what I have been doing for the last few days, turning new handles for my old Craftsman set of tools. I like the tools and they work great even if they are carbon steel, but the handles are just too short. I have just one round nosed scraper to turn and they are done. Not quite as fancy as that one, mine are just cherry.

I wonder how that dye will hold up?

MDWine

OK you guys/gals!!!

1. I will be using the chisel! (I hope a lot, but don't ask Lou or Jim!)

2. I have only this color now, because it is what I wanted in the first place!! It nearly matches a carving knife that was made for me.[:D] It was not hard to color the wood, and the finish turned out really nice. I'm going to experiment with color more in the future... two colors come to mind right away! [;)]

3. William, William, William... I NEVER TAKE OFF MY <b>VIRGINIA TECH CHEERLEADING OUTFIT</b>!!! (except to take a shower) I will, however, cover it with my brand new <b>IAP </b>turning smock!!

4. Angie/Chris, thanks for the support! Fortunately, I've been around here long enough to have expected this kind of barrage! (I'm sure it's not over!) That is what makes it fun! [:D][;)][xx(]

JimGo

William, William, William... I NEVER TAKE OFF MY VIRGINIA TECH CHEERLEADING OUTFIT!!!
- it's true, I've been to his house. The problem is, he doesn't really have the legs to pull off the skirt! Well, that's just one of many, but...

As for the handle, I'm just glad he explained what it is. Given the color and shape, one's imagination tends to run...

I'm not sure which is scarier, the color, or the fact that he has a color-coordinated carving knife that was <u>made</u> for him. So, Mr. Wine, did you select the carving knife's color yourself, or did someone else think bright pink was the appropriate color for you? [:D]

Okay, okay...enough ribbing (for now) - nice job on the handle! That's a really pretty piece of wood! I'll be curious to see how the Enduro holds up. Is that the Enduro you bought like 2 years ago?

wudnhed

Guys, Guys leave poor Michael alone! I think it's great he is manly enough to display his femininity and post a picture of his pretty pink eye popping creation. Looks great!

JimGo

Wow Chris, it takes a brave man to admit that. Almost as brave a man as to commission a hot-pink carving knife, and to custom-make a matching chisel handle.

underdog

Originally posted by JimGo
<br />
William, William, William... I NEVER TAKE OFF MY VIRGINIA TECH CHEERLEADING OUTFIT!!!
- it's true, I've been to his house. The problem is, he doesn't really have the legs to pull off the skirt!

What!!!???

You pull your skirt off with your legs Jim?[;)] So what does Michael pull his skirt off with if he doesn't have legs?

angboy

Well Michael, I may have to disagree with the color name- as much as I love purple, this just looks more like a pink to me. Probably doesn't matter one way or the other though, I think you'll get grief for either one (although at least if it was truly a purple, you might have Billy sticking up for you too, not just the female members of the IAP!).

Now as for what some people thought it resembled when they first looked at it... well all I have to say is Fritz might know a buyer for you![}:)][}:)] It's kind of got a ribbed look to it...[;)]

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Originally posted by MDWine
<br />BTW, it's not PINK, it's PURPLE!!
I knew I would get flack, but I didn't expect this!!! [:D] [8D]

Gee Michael, I was going to ask if it matched your panties, but I don't want to offend you so I won't. [:D][}:)][:D]

alamocdc

Ang, the fact that you know me that well is SCARY! But she's right Michael, I do like purple. In fact, I'm thinking very seriously about having my Harley painted Candy Purple.[;)]

MDWine

This is actually more purple than pink, but an "impartial 3rd party" reviewed the piece in person, and indicates it could be conceived as pink... and no it doesn't match my panties [;)] I don't wear any! (hmmmmmm... think about THAT one! [:0])

I was shootin' for real purple, maybe it looks "more purpler" in person than in a picture... and I think my legs look just fine! [xx(]

Man! I feel loved! [^] You guys/gals crack me up! I'll try to get off my @$$ and get my pens posted, that shouldn't create any controversy at all, unless you can see my cheerleading outfit in the reflection! [:0][:0]

[It just occured to me, it's a KILT!!! Yeah!! A "cheerleading KILT"!! ...and you know what is worn under the kilt, right?]

[... and you GOTTA post a pic of those bike shorts!

JimGo

Cav, why would you put that idea in his head? You know he's at home now trying to figure out which dye combination will turn his smock hot pink.

wdcav1952

Hey, I would like to get Griz to host Grizfest II. If Michael shows up for gumbo in his chartreuse pedal pushers, fuschia smock and his hot pink chisel, there WILL be pictures posted!!!! [}:)][;)]

JimGo

Heck, he's willin' to wear that get-up while walking down the street, so of COURSE he'll be willing to wear the get-up to get some of Tom's world-famous Gumbo!

wdcav1952

Originally posted by JimGo
<br />Heck, he's willin' to wear that get-up while walking down the street, so of COURSE he'll be willing to wear the get-up to get some of Tom's world-famous Gumbo!

Tom is from #$#*& New York!! He is lucky if he can even spell gumbo!! I, on the other hand, am from Louisiana. Jim, who do you think makes the "world famous" gumbo??? If you guess right, Grizzfest III may feature "world famous" chili. [;)]

MDWine

Well, Jim, now that you mention it, I was a bit busy last night. I did find just the right color!

[and the gumbo would be worth it!]
is it safe to say we've gotten a little crazy here? OTOH,it's too funny!

pksmock.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom