Seam Ripper Question

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from montmill

montmill

If this is in the wrong section please move and I apologize.

I've made double ended seam rippers but have had some ladies ask about those on a necklace. Since we live in a quilting area I sell quite a few at craft shows so it helps pay for the space and gas. Plus sometimes it's fun to sit at my mini lathe and make familiar things.

My question is the necklace directions call for a small bushing on top and a large bushing on the bottom. I'm wondering if there's any reason for this? I'd much rather make the top larger so it's a better fit.

Appreciate your thoughts and experiences.

ebill

My question is the necklace directions call for a small bushing on top and a large bushing on the bottom. I'm wondering if there's any reason for this? I'd much rather make the top larger so it's a better fit.

- I have made quite a number of the lanyard seam rippers, but can only speak to the Penn State kits. Their instructions have an error - on their Diagram B, the bushings for the 'C' style are the larger ones for both the left and the right of the blank. The directions actually say to use the smaller bushing on style A,C when in fact the small bushing is only for the style A top/pen clip ripper.

- for the PSI lanyard kits, the 'trim ring' on the actual ripper part is the same dia as the 'trim ring' on the top part (the cup for the magnet/chain) and thus requires the same size bushing.

- ebill

Top Bottom