Sapele & walnut razor handle

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from TattooedTurner

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Skie_M

It looks beautiful ... the fit, the finish, the segmenting ... all impeccable!

I enjoy my own Safety Razor that I made with Cocobolo (my last cocobolo project before I found out that I am allergic), and it's still serving me quite well over a year later. I made my handle short enough to barely fit on the razor stand so that only the metal from the razor touches metal on the stand ... doesn't affect my grip on the razor while I use it!

I find that sealing the ends of the barrel as well as the entire barrel exterior with CA protects it from the moist bathroom environment quite well.

Thanks everyone, I'm quite happy with it, although I'll admit I prefer the sorter handle of my stock Edwin Jagger. My next one won't be as long. One can never have too many razors!

It looks beautiful ... the fit, the finish, the segmenting ... all impeccable!

I enjoy my own Safety Razor that I made with Cocobolo (my last cocobolo project before I found out that I am allergic), and it's still serving me quite well over a year later. I made my handle short enough to barely fit on the razor stand so that only the metal from the razor touches metal on the stand ... doesn't affect my grip on the razor while I use it!

I find that sealing the ends of the barrel as well as the entire barrel exterior with CA protects it from the moist bathroom environment quite well.

I found out the hard way I'm allergic to several (ok, ALL) oily exotics as well as acrylics. I have to completely cover up when turning. I agree on using CA but didn't even think about sealing the ends. I seal my knot hole on my lather brushes but it never dawned on me to do the same with the razor. Thanks for the tip!

Top Bottom