sandblasted LED lights

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from RODNEYBREAN

RODNEYBREAN

Been making a bunch lately, figured I'd put them on here and see what you think. I use 1/4" thick glass, sandblast a image, make a base, put LED lights in and you have a great little advertisement!! we can do a single color light or you can get one with a remote control that changes to 12 colors and flashes, strobes and fade colors. trying to upload more pics but not letting me.

Attachments

• received_1755134091423823.jpg
    received_1755134091423823.jpg
    186.8 KB · Views: 367
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

brownsfn2

Wow. Seamus was established in 1926? Did not know he was that old. He looks good.

Great signs. I have thought about trying this with my laser engraver some day.

PapaTim

Those would make attention getting booth signs at an indoor craft show. What are the dimensions of the glass you use?

RODNEYBREAN

the standard size glass is 1/4" 5"wide by 7" tall or we can lay it down, 7"w by 5"tall. We can make any size up to 24" long and about 9" tall. I sandblast the glass, you get better dimension, catches the light better than a laser. haven't tried acrylic or plexiglass.

BSea

Now that is very cool. I've been thinking of getting an engraver. I might have to speed up that plan.

Wow. Seamus was established in 1926? Did not know he was that old. He looks good. ��
It's that dry west Texas air. It basically mummifies everything.:wink:

I should have moved there 20 years ago.:eek:

Last edited:

Terredax

Banned
We just made some of these a few weeks ago, but
we engraved them. With sand blasting, care should be taken since the blasting creates heat and can cause the glass to break.
I once saw a guy doing the big, rear side window on his Tahoe. It overheated and became a pile of small glass cubes following a loud boom.

The smallest one we did was 16" x 20" and we used 3/8" acrylic.
One was a two color logo, and another was a two piece that wrapped around a pole.
The acrylic can be engraved and then bent and the image still lights just like when it's flat.

dbledsoe

I have been making those for a while. My favorite is sandblasted images of baby footprints. New parents love them and they make a great nightlight for the nursery.

Attachments

• BabyFeet.jpg
    BabyFeet.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 105
Top Bottom