Salt and Pepper shakers

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Cwalker935

Cwalker935

I saw this off center salt and pepper shaker project in the latest edition of American Woodturner and decided to give it a try. I used some scrap wood that I had lying around with the thought that they would be practice pieces. They turned out well enough that I am going to put them to use in our kitchen. Yes, they are supposed to be crooked.

CCD30B92-DA9D-4CAA-A2CC-E322C99FFC6B.jpg

625E4F6E-5A65-4D64-9BF8-BD128E561B5B.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Cody, those are Adorable !!!

What woods please ... cedar and ?

I don't know much about shakers like these, but did you buy liners and the holed exit pieces to bit these shakers ?

EDIT: . On closer inspection, I see that there are no exit pieces. . You drilled through the cedar some patterns of holes for the salt and pepper to exit.

Last edited:

Cwalker935

Cody, those are Adorable !!!

What woods please ... cedar and ?

I don't know much about shakers like these, but did you buy liners and the holed exit pieces to bit these shakers ?

EDIT: . On closer inspection, I see that there are no exit pieces. . You drilled through the cedar some patterns of holes for the salt and pepper to exit.

Thanks everyone. Cedar and Curly maple. Differing hole patterns drilled into top to distinguish between Salt and pepper. Plastic plugs for bottoms purchased on amazon.

Top Bottom